2. This morning's conversation:
Husband: Did you see that I plugged your new phone in (defective speaker on other one) and now you just need to set it up?
Me: Thank you, but I just need you set it up now.
Him: It's really easy and you need to do this stuff so you'll know you can do it.
Me: I can't do it. I need help. (whine)
Daughter: Mom, Google it!
Him: This will be good for you, you'll feel a lot better about yourself.
Me: (cutting an apple). I feel good about myself cutting apples for breakfast and feeding my children.
Daughter: I don't like apples.***2 min. later
Me: I'm not going to be here tomorrow for breakfast so you're going to have to do this all by yourself, okay?
Me: I have a long run and have to leave really early. Think you can handle it?
G: No, he whines. I can only do iphones, not breakfast…
3. The other night I had a dream that my husband, who looked like my husband, was really John Travolta. He wanted me to go to the grocery store. But I didn't know how to grocery shop (surely this is not Kelly) so I stood on a table at the grocery store and danced. Isn't this rather odd on so many levels?
4. The next day I really did go to the grocery store. I was all by myself and even when I saw a mother with a screaming toddler around her neck - the toddler standing on the cart seat with a death grip and making the mother hunch over and take agonizingly small baby steps - I missed having a little buddy with me at the grocery store.
5. When I came home from the grocery store, I pondered these items I had bought. They are items I rarely bought even when we had babies.
6. I had also bought a bottle of pre-natal vitamins (good for your hair and nails!) When I line the three up together, I ponder their significance. Upon verbally pondering, husband interrupts, "Not going to happen."
7. My daughter is in the middle of major girl drama. My experience is that girl drama starts in 3rd grade and runs it's course by the end of 7th. 8th grade was pretty dreamy. But what am I talking about? My other daughter just started high school. There could potentially be 20 more years of girl drama.
8. I loved this article, Are You Living Your Eulogy or Resume?. Of course, my vanity still wants a new pair of shoes, but I'm trying!
9. Tomorrow is my last really long run before the marathon taper begins. The schedule says I have to run 20 miles. I will have to begin at 4:45 to meet a training buddy at exactly 5:15 at the bridge. It will be pitch black and I will know my buddy by her flashing headlamp that matches mine. We will run a 5.5 hill loop together and then I am by myself for the last 12. But then sun will be coming up and I'm sure to feel enlightened in more ways than one, right? After that: Taper.